The California Community Colleges Student Wellness Ambassador Program is a component of the California Community Colleges Student Mental Health Program (CCC SMHP). The Student Wellness Ambassador Program trains CCC students to serve as advocates and conduct peer outreach for mental health and wellness.
Student Wellness Ambassadors are trained in mental health and wellness topics in preparation for a semester of service. Activities include:
- Working to decrease stigma around mental health
- Collaborating with a faculty adviser
- Planning and conducting outreach for mental health events and activities
- Disseminating mental health and wellness information from Each Mind Matters, SanaMente, and other sources
- Connecting peers to available campus and statewide resources
The application for 2018-19 is closed. The pilot year service project period is November 8, 2018 – May 30, 2019. A total of 17 Student Wellness Ambassadors were selected for the 2018-19 school year.
News & Announcements
February 12, 2019 1 pm PST
Each Mind Matters Webinar Series
Open to students in grades 7-12 and youth between the ages 14 and 25 in partnership with a club, program, organization, college, or other agency.
- Student Wellness Ambassador 2018-19 Position Summary
- CCC Mental Health Services College Directory
- Each Mind Matters Resource Center