CCC Student Mental Health Program (SMHP) launched in 2011 as a statewide program of the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office (CCCCO) and the Foundation for California Community Colleges (Foundation).
The goal of the CCC SMHP is to support the 115 California Community Colleges (CCC) to implement prevention and early intervention strategies that address student mental health needs, and ultimately promote sustainable student mental health systems and policies. Activities include:
- Broadly disseminate products developed on student mental health, especially those that focus on innovative approaches and diverse and underserved populations
- Provide training and technical assistance to increase mental health awareness for colleges
- Increase the relevance, satisfaction, and usage of student mental health resources and support among CCC
- Collaborate and coordinate with other funded partners
The goals and activities of CCC SMHP have evolved over time. Visit the About Us page to learn more about this program.
- Campus Mental Health Basics: A Primer for California Community College Faculty and Staff
- Meeting Basic Needs to Support Students’ Mental Health and Success
- Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS) for Students with Mental Health Disabilities
- CCC Mental Health Services College Directory
- Each Mind Matters Resource Center