Prior to the coronavirus outbreak, approximately 17% of college students experienced homelessness over the course of a year. In the wake of the outbreak and school closures, there is an even greater need to understand how to identify and support this vulnerable population. In this webinar, participants will:
- Learn at an introductory level about college student homelessness.
- Get an overview of various services and resources colleges and universities offer to this distinct population, including exemplary programming and approaches from one of the leading institutions, Kennesaw State University.
- Identify changes to policies and procedures to better support students experiencing homelessness in light of COVID-19.
- Jillian Sitjar, Higher Education Program Manager, SchoolHouse Connection
- Marcy Stidum, Director, CARE Services, Kennesaw State University