Health. Mental Health. Wellness. Basic Needs.
News & Announcements
California Community Colleges #RealCollege Survey Report (March 2019)
Nearly 40,000 students from 57 CCC participated in the #RealCollege Survey from the CCC Chancellor’s Office and The Hope Center for College, Community, and Justice in fall of 2016 and 2018. Seven in 10 respondents had experienced food insecurity or housing insecurity or homelessness in the last year.
More than 50% of CCC Students Experience Food Insecurity, almost 20% Faced Homelessness
Bring an Active Minds Speaker to Campus
Active Minds is offering eligible campuses a discount on a mental health speaking event through the Active Minds Speakers Bureau during Spring 2019.
The Scholarship Opportunity includes $500 towards hosting a speaker and customized planning support.
Campus Mental Health Basics: A Primer for California Community College Faculty and Staff
There is a wide spectrum of mental health conditions that impact students, ranging from mild depression, stress, and anxiety, to clinically diagnosed mental illness, including bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.
CCC Health & Wellness
- Public Service Announcement (PSA) Videos
- Supporting CCC Students in Meeting Basic Needs
- Guidelines for California Community College Homeless Youth Liaisons
- Biteable: Basic Needs – Helping Students Enroll in CalFresh
- Latinx LGBTQ+ Immigrant Youth
- Each Mind Matters Resource Center
- CCC Student Mental Health Program
- CCC Mental Health Services Grant Program
- CalFresh Outreach
- At-Risk Online Suicide Prevention Training for Students