In partnership with the University of California, Office of the President (UCOP), and Riverside Community College District, CCC Health & Wellness has tailored five videos to focus on the mental health needs of CCC students. The Supporting Student Veterans video was originally created by The Jed Foundation and mtvU, the Work in Progress video was originally created by Riverside Community College District and Brink Films, and all other videos were originally developed by UCOP.
Campuses are encouraged to feature the videos on their websites, share the videos through their social media pages and newsletters, and show the videos at campus events. These videos are designed to be visually appealing, informative, and compelling tools for mental health awareness and promotion. In addition, the standard (non-customized) videos are linked to helpful resource pages with relevant and audience-appropriate links about each topic.
Instructions for Downloading and Sharing the PSA Videos
OPTION 1 – Feature Standard Videos As-Is
You are welcome to use and non-commercially disseminate these videos however you like to promote student mental health. We host these videos on Vimeo.com, and strongly encourage you to feature them on your campus website, share them through your campus social media pages and newsletters, and present them at campus events. If you wish to post the videos to your campus website, your website developer will need to obtain the necessary HTML code from this page to do so:
[expand title=”Click to view the HTML code needed to embed the videos” swaptitle=”Hide HTML code” trigclass=”my_special_class” targclass=”my_special_class_target”]
Simply copy the HTML code below and paste into your campus’s website:
Reducing Student Mental Health Stigma
Supporting Student Veterans’ Mental Health Awareness
Identifying and Referring At-Risk Students
Suicide Awareness for College Students
Work in Progress
OPTION 2 – Customize the Videos for Your Campus
This option allows you to customize the videos to include your campus branding and local resources, such as your counseling or health center phone number; a link to your campus mental health resource page; contact info for your campus mental health club(s); etc. Special versions of the videos have been created for this purpose, without the resource slides and with less branding at the end of the video.
To customize the videos for your campus, you will need to:
- Step 1. Download the high definition (HD) quality videos. To download the videos in HD, please utilize the download links below. The files are quite large, so the downloads can take some time.
- Reducing Student Mental Health Stigma [78.8 MB]
- Supporting Student Veterans’ Mental Health Awareness [32.1 MB]
- Identifying and Referring At-Risk Students [149 MB]
- Suicide Awareness for College Students [35.5 MB]
To download the subtitles for all four videos above, click here to download a .ZIP archive.
Note: If you would like to customize the Work in Progress video you will need to contact and contract with Brink Films directly. A download link is not available for this video.
- Step 2. Edit the video as needed to add campus resources, branding, etc. If you do not have in-house expertise in video editing at your campus, we recommend contacting Mob Media for this service for the above four video downloads. Mob Media originally produced these four videos for University of California, and tailored them to a community college audience for the CCC Health & Wellness.1 For the Work in Progress video you will need to contact and contract with Brink Films directly. Brink Films originally produced this video for Riverside Community College District, and tailored it to a community college audience for the CCC Health & Wellness.
Please Note: You are welcome to adapt, present, and non-commercially disseminate the videos as you like to promote your campus mental health efforts. However, we ask that you please leave as-is the beginning and ending slides that give credit to CCC Health & Wellness, its affiliates, and funders. Please contact CCC Health & Wellness if you have questions or special requests. Unfortunately, the CCC Health & Wellness Program is unable to customize the videos for you or fund PSA video customization.
- Step 3. Self-host the customized video. Your web developer can upload the video to your campus website or preferred video channel (such as on YouTube or Vimeo).
1 Original footage for Supporting Student Veterans’ Mental Health Awareness PSA courtesy of The Jed Foundation and mtvU.