In response to Covid-19, many higher education institutions are bringing study abroad students home and some are shifting face-to-face classes to online in an attempt to reduce the spread of Covid-19. Institutions are moving quickly, but how rapidly can student services like Financial Aid, Accommodations, Advising, transition to provide continued student support at a distance? This webinar focuses on practical measures institutions can adopt to implement online technologies to ensure students continue to receive support and access to services even at a distance.
As colleges and universities address the spread of Covid-19, many institutions are putting structures into place to move classes online. But, what about student services? What can institutions do to address student support needs and resources at a distance and how can institutions move quickly to take student services online? The presenter will cover:
- The “who”: Who will be helping students and which students will be assisted?
- The “what”: What does the plan look like for Student Services units/divisions
- The “where”: Where will students be directed for additional support
- The “how” to: How to create meaningful online connections with students
- Understand strategies for quickly moving student services online
- Examine and identify best practices in online support resources for student support
- Acquire resources that can be applied to transitioning student services online