Awareness Month Tools
- May is Mental Health Matters Month 2019 Activation Toolkit from Each Mind Matters focus on the resiliency of California’s communities
- 2019 Poster – Spread the word. Print out the poster and hang it in your office or break room.
- Fence Activation – Drawing inspiration from street art and this year’s theme, this fence activation is fun, easy, and will spark conversations about mental health across the state.
- Message Cards – Use the easy-to-use print at home guide to distribute the affirmation/support cards.
- Social Media – One way to start conversations this May is to utilize the Each Mind Matters social media guide with pre-written posts. Just copy, paste and publish! Don’t forget to add an image.
- Emails – Templates to help you promote your mental health month activities.
- May is Mental Health Month 2019 Toolkit from Mental Health America (MHA) provides informational and awareness resources related to their theme of #4Mind4Body.
Each Mind Matters is hitting the road in May and stopping at ballparks across California to raise awareness. Come out to support your team and mental health! Click here for dates and to buy tickets.
May 21, 11am – 2pm
2019 Directing Change Program & Film Contest Awards Ceremony
Winners of this year’s mental health and suicide prevention filmmaking contest will be announced.
May 22, 9:30am – 2pm
Mental Health Matters Day
California State Capitol, Sacramento. Speakers include Ruthie Bolton, former WNBA Sacramento Monarchs.
Resources You Can Use in May and Beyond
- Building Collaborative Relationships: Community Colleges, County Mental Health Departments, and Local Mental Health Providers
- Joint Efforts with UC and CSUs to Support Suicide Prevention in Higher Education
- Campus-Based Stigma Reduction Activities
- Reducing Student Mental Health Stigma
- 10 Ways to Reduce College Stress